Monday, July 7, 2008

Hume Lake

Posted by Robert and Monica Castillo


Ari is off to another year at camp. She called today and informed us that this year is much better than last year! Yippee! She is in a cabin with a bunch of girls from San Luis Obispo so she fits right in. Every year I am so rushed to get her out the door and this year was no different, but I feel so sad because I miss her and my goodbyes always seemed so rushed. I was trying to remind her not to forget anything and to hurry up so we wouldn't be late. By the time we were saying goodbye i was so flustered that I was like"OK lets go.... Love you to ......Hurry up.......Ok you got to go....." Looking back on this makes me feel horrible. Why do we do that? Why are parents in such a rush that they miss golden opportunities? I am not going to see her for seven whole days and that's what I left her with? What a complete idiot. Hopefully she knows that I do love her and think of her all the time. I hope that by writing this I will remember to slow down a bit and love on her and the boys.



0 comments: