Sunday, August 9, 2009

Brace Face

Posted by Robert and Monica Castillo

Many of you have known me for a minute or two and know that I had braces on forever! I was like 14 when it all started and by the end I was 18. Four years of my stinkin' life devoted to metal. I was a total geek of the week. Hence the ugly photo.....



So, many years later........




THEIR BAAAACK!!!
Kids, this is what happens when you don't listen to your parents. My mom haunted me with "Did you wear your retainer?" Did I listen? NO. Now look, as a grown ol' lady, here I am with braces, again. Notice the ugly yellow tooth? Thats the whole reason I have to wear braces. It went down like this:

Dr."So is there anything would like to change about your smile?"

Me: "Yup"

Dr: "What?"

Me: " You haven't noticed?"

Dr: "no"

Me: " The henious, ugly, yellow tooth"

Dr: "Oh that"

Me: "Duh!?!" (ok so I really didn't say this but I was thinking it)

Dr: "we can fix that but to really fix your smile you'll need braces, AGAIN"

Me: "What? How did you know I already had braces?"

Dr: " Cuz I'm the Dr."

Me: "OH" "So braces then ugly tooth gone?"

Dr: "Yup"

There you have it people. I have braces for a year and then he will fix my ugly tooth. Straight vanity on my part. I know.

4 comments:

jmcewen18 said...

Very happy to see you back on the blog. Hope all is well. Tell everyone I say hello.

susana said...

i found you and i'm glad you are blogging again. I had "followed" just in case you started blogging agin :)

omg...is that a picture from one of the reunions back in the day???

And re: the braces...i think that Dr. is trying to con you.

The Wannabe said...

hey Susana!

Yes it is a pix from a reunion! Aunt Valerie made a photo album for me when I graduated college! I love it! I should download more of the pix for next years reunion.....hint, hint!

Well if he is conning me I am surely a sucker! I am kinda excited about getting my grill straight again!

susana said...

lol...ur teeth look pretty darn straight to me. but as a women i can definitely see where your coming from :)

And yes, i hope we can plan the next with several months of notice this time.