Sunday, November 30, 2008

Open Mouth Insert Foot

Posted by Robert and Monica Castillo

Have you ever felt this way? I do more than I would like to admit. How come when someone asks us "How are you?" we feel the need to explain, in detail, how horrible our day is going or tell the graphic story of potty training the two year old. For me this habit is almost like a nervous twitch. I tend to talk way to much when I am nervous. Not only do I talk to much but I also take very fast, and kinda yell a little. I am sure the person on the receiving end of this conversation must think I'm nuts. And according to my husband I am.

Today in a conversation with my husbands coworker, I gave way too much information. And after I had this conversation I wish that I could have taken the words back. Then to top it all off, I told my loving husband what I had done, and instead of getting mad at me and being a jerk about it, he kindly asked me not to do that again. He was so kind about it, it made me feel even worse. Of course I apologized and he accepted my apology and said he loved me anyway.

How did I get this lucky?


Much Love,
monica

0 comments: